Can't connect to MariaDB

Trying to create a connection to MariaDB but it fails. I also tried MySQL 8, same. MySQL 5 connects easily but I don’t want to use that. Currently using Laragon for my WAMP stack.

It connects to a MariaDB on a remote server though.

Did You ve checked DB port settings? Its 3306 or other? In laragon I had 2 database server instances on two different ports.

It is on default port. I have other applications connecting to it.

@oladipomd this is not a bug. Usually, the culprit in this is the authentication method used by the DB server. Radsystems studio has an issue connecting with the new Authentication method used by new versions of DB, e.g New release of Postgres DB currently uses scram-sha-256 by default, which is not supported. Please read more here MySQL :: MySQL Internals Manual :: 14.3 Authentication Method

So, I stick to old DB for now.

I have installed MySql 8.x , configured to use legacy authentication by default ,
checking the user created inside workbench and it is of Type standard , yet radsystems could not connect with an error about the hash algorithm

Hi, this means it has not been configured correctly. if configured, Radsystems Studio will connect.

The latest version of mariadb that works with radsystems is 10.5 all up does not allow the connection

There are specific versions of MariaDB/MytSQL that come with the legacy Authentication configured as default. For the versions that do not come with legacy Authentication as default and support legacy Authentication, you can configure it and Radsystems Studio will connect. But if it is not supported and configured, you would not be able to connect to it using Radsystems Studio.

can someone please test on MySQL 8. and use the legacy authentication, this is my settings

I use Laragon 6 with MariaDB and PHPRad. Is it possible to know which version of MariaDB it can be connected to? Also, which version of PHP is supported? Unfortunately 10.10 and 10.11 give an error. Also, I have quite a few problems with PHP 8.1, so I am forced to use version 7.4.
Unfortunately, nowhere in the documentation can I find the software support for Radsystems Studio.

PHP 7.2.5PHP 7.4, as indicated on the download page, is the recommended PHP version, as are MySQL 5.7 and any MariaDB version. MySQL 8 is not supported by Radsystems Studio, but your generated project can connect to MySQL 8.

Hello Willvin, I currently trying to use vue3-qr code-reader to scan QR Code and put value in the search bar. The thing is whenever I install the library “npm install vue3-qrcode-reader” I get issues and I can’t compile anymore. Please help

When you get that, sometimes installing the libraries or modules that it shows are missing resolves the issue.

Hello Willvin,

Is there a way to set the language to multiple ones after creating the project? Please help, I set my default language to French now I want it to be multi-lingual after finishing the project.

I am working on RadVue quasar and Laravel.

That option is only available when you are creating the project because it affects the project structure. But you can change your default language in the project settings section. As for making the project support multi-language, you would have to recreate the project or implement yours in the generated project.