User Authentication Problem

Hi, I have activated the user and permissions management, unfortunately the specific tables model_has_roles and rad_roles are not created.
By entering the login credentials and accessing the home, a further error message confirms what was written before.

@TERzo what local server are you using? If not Laragon, please use that and let me know if the issue still persists. And also note, when you start using the Laragon local server MySQL database, make sure to start a new database and project.

Hi Willvin, I’ve been using Ampps as a local server for some time now.
As soon as possible I will install Laragon for testing.

hi, unfortunately the problem also occurs on Laragon

@TERzo, please send me a message containing your anydesk ID.

Hi, in version 3.6 the tables are now created correctly but are not populated.
The authentication system with dynamic permissions does not work.
By activating the dynamic permissions the user is displayed but clicking on the profile shows a 403 error.
The same 403 page is shown after logging in.
By disabling dynamic permissions, the authentication system works regularly.

This means that the user do not have any role at the moment.
New user created will be assigned a default role, while for old users, you have to manually assign roles to them.

Thanks

Hi, unfortunately even by registering a new user the tables are not populated.
Maybe some field is missing in the user table?
I manually added the “role_id” field but it doesn’t change anything.

@TERzo what version of Radsystems Studio are you currently using?

Hi @willvin , latest version 3.7.
The problem also occurs with Laragon

@TERzo please send me a private message with your Anydesk ID.

In the new version 3.7 when trying to add roles and dynamic permissions the following error is generated:

Migrating: 2020_10_15_000000_create_roles_permissions_tables

Illuminate\Database\QueryException

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes (SQL: alter table model_has_permissions add index model_has_permissions_model_id_model_type_index(model_id, model_type))

at F:\Project\beta\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Database\Connection.php:671
667| // If an exception occurs when attempting to run a query, we’ll format the error
668| // message to include the bindings with SQL, which will make this exception a
669| // lot more helpful to the developer instead of just the database’s errors.
670| catch (Exception $e) {

671| throw new QueryException(
672| $query, $this->prepareBindings($bindings), $e
673| );
674| }
675|

1 F:\Project\beta\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Database\Connection.php:464
PDOException::(“SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1071 Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes”)

2 F:\Project\beta\vendor\laravel\framework\src\Illuminate\Database\Connection.php:464
PDOStatement::execute()

Windows 10, Laragon 5.0, php 7.4.19, mysql 5.7.33

I’m sorry, but currently I can’t allow external connections to the pc station.

ok. we will try to find the cause of the error and provide a solution when we do, thanks.

1 Like

Hi,
I think the error come from database migration file for roles and persmissions tables (2020_10_15_000000_create_roles_permissions_tables) on index, foreign key and primary key creation.